Keeping visitors and the Cumberland House team safe
The safety of our visitors and staff team are of paramount importance; every aspect of the museum’s operation continues to be risk assessed, with measures put in place to ensure we follow the Government guidelines. We have also achieved the Visit England national standard ‘We’re Good To Go’.
As per the latest government guidelines you must wear a face covering in our shop area, and we strongly recommend you continue to wear one throughout the museum.
- We ask that visitors continue to book in using the NHS Covid-19 app, wear a face covering and keep to two-metre social distancing during their visit.
- The museum will continue to operate a one-way system and we ask visitors to respect one another by waiting for visitors ahead of them to move on before entering the next space.
- The museum has implemented an increased cleaning and hygiene regime throughout the museum and toilets.
- Hand sanitiser is available at key points.
- Please pay by card when possible if purchasing items from the shop
Do I need to book a time slot?
There is no need to book a time slot to visit, though we will continue with managed capacity to keep everyone safe. This means you may need to queue before entering and when moving around the different rooms at the museum.
All buggies must be left at the on-site buggy park and cannot be taken around the museum.
Do I need to queue?
Any queues will be held outside of the museum and we ask you to consider the weather on the day of your visit.
Are the toilets open?
The toilets are open for museum visitors only. Public toilets are available nearby at Canoe Lake.
The museum has implemented an increased cleaning regime of the toilets, and we ask that visitors also take extra care with personal hygiene.
Will the Butterfly House be open?
The Butterfly House is open, but capacity will be managed. It is likely visitors will need to queue ahead of going into the Butterfly House.
For the latest information follow us on Facebook and Twitter.